Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday 4/18/09

"Iceman seems to be doing really great and recovering nicely. I brought Augustus over on Thursday to see him and they actually ran around and had so much fun together playing "Mustang."

It was so cool to see Iceman really stretching his legs and interacting. He was having a great time and it really felt good to know he was feeling much better.

We worked on contact and as usual I was able to rub all over his body, down his legs, and up to his neck with my hand. Using my carrot stick as an arm extension, I was able to rub all over his head, nose, and ears without him moving away. Iceman even had some curiousity toward the stick and was sniffing it and chewing on it a bit. We have also been working on leading.

Before I left on Thursday, he was taking three steps after I put some tension on the lead line. Once the release happened, he was licking his lips and processing what was going on. Iceman is staying focused and paying attention more, looking directly at me instead of turning away, so I think he is catching on.

Iceman and Gus kick up their heels!


Go Guys!

A cool pic!

He has put on alot of weight...

Great trot Iceman!

No comments:

Post a Comment