Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Eric's Take for 4/9/09

This was from Iceman Project Manager, Eric, on 4/9/09. (I have fallen a little behind in my postings, sorry!)



"Iceman is looking really good and seems to be feeling much better. I had a pretty good look at his freezemark and it seems to be healing very nicely as well. I spent yesterday afternoon with him for a while and just walked around his area, following him around and keeping him moving. When he is walking, he looks smooth and not quite as stiff as before.


Today I spent about an hour with him before I took off for the day. He got some pretty good exercise, alot more trotting and moving quickly today. I followed him into his main stall and decided to go ahead and make some contact with him. After a few minutes, he calmed down and I was able to get right up next to him and rub the right side of his body from his neck down to his butt. I was also able to get down to where the dried blood is on his right hind leg and work at getting some of that off to. I was happy that he was letting me get so close again and tolerating me after his big ordeal, but next time I will bring a brush in my back pocket and put it to use :) Also, I spent some time on the end of the lead with him, inching my way up and slowly moving forward as we were facing each other. With him facing me, I was able to get a few inches away from the clip. He didn't turn away quickly and give me his back end, so definitely some good progress there.


He is going to be a great horse."

Hi Eric!



He's looking great, nice and fat...



In about two weeks, we will move him up to the other side of the rescue where we can spend more time with him and he can be in the center of the action...

No comments:

Post a Comment